Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Straight from the mouth of babes....

Lately Jude has been talking non-stop. His vocabulary is pretty advanced for his age (I'm one proud momma) at 22 months old he can already talk in full sentences and can communicate most of his needs. It has really cut back on a lot of the tantrums he was having before out of pure frustration. Now that he can communicate with me I always know when he wants or needs something and lately the things that come out of his mouth crack me up.

Here are a few recent Jude statements.

Jude came up to me & asked me to read him a book, I was finishing sending a text message when he said "read it book, two hands. Mommy's phone on the chow-ch(couch)"

- I guess that means I need to be more present in my time spent with my boys. If my 1 year old is telling me to put my phone down, I obviously have a problem!

One of my favorite things is the fact that Jude talks in the 3rd person...
"change Jude's diapey (diaper)" or "wipe it Jude's nose"

Lately he's gotten very independent and doesn't want any help...
"Jude do it, no touch mommy" or "Jude do it two hands" or "Mommy watch Jude"

He's also gotten a little bit of a bossy streak and likes to tell August what to do...
"No Auggie, No touch"  or "That Jude's. No touching Auggie"

Every morning Jude greets me when I walk out of my bedroom the same way (I'm spoiled in the fact that Jeff gets up with Jude every morning at 6:00 & lets me sleep til 7:00)
"Mommy awake again"

He's got his own names for some of his favorite movies.
Despicable Me is "Gru Movie"
Rapunzel is "Horsey Movie"
Toy story is "Buzz & Woody"
Planes is "Airplanes Movie"
Up is "Ba-loon Movie"

And if you happen to walk in front of the TV while one of his movies is one he will not so politely tell you
"get out tha way"

The other day we were driving & Julianne "Jay Jay" was in the car with us. Her & I were talking in the front seat when Jude said "Listen everybody. No talking everybody. Wolf song please" (He loves TV on the Radio's song "Wolf Like Me" and requests it every time we're in the car.

And last but not least.... the other night Jude was sitting in his high chair at dinner time playing Peek-a-boo with Jeff. "Peek eee you daddy" on the third time Jude's eyes were covered Jeff hid behind the sofa. When Jude on covered his eyes he said "Peek eee you... oooh dada go at work" (It was 7:00 pm) When Jeff popped back up from behind the sofa Jude goes "Oh daddy home, again" 







No comments:

Post a Comment