Thursday, September 19, 2013

August's Baby Sprinkle

According to all the etiquette rules, you are not supposed to have a second Baby Shower unless the gender is different than your first child. My sweet sister still wanted the chance to celebrate August's upcoming arrival and suggested we do something small. My sister & mom are the best! They know my inner "party planner" can't help but to take over, so they willing let me take charge and offered more than enough help to make the day just perfect! We decided to have a small diaper "Sprinkle" instead of a full shower and invited about 30 women to come enjoy dessert with us in the park to celebrate sweet August. I thought the theme for the Sprinkle should be rain and we went with it from there. 

Sprinkle preparations and crafts
The week leading up to the Sprinkle was spent working on crafts at my moms house.

Mom hot gluing grass into the marshmallow pop stand.

I designed little labels for each dessert and my sister & I gave each dessert a name to go along with the theme of the day. 

I created little "hopes for August" papers for the guests to fill out in lieu of a traditional shower game. I plan to compile these all into a little book to give him when he's older. (wish I had thought to make one for Jude)

Hot gluing labels onto the mason jars.

We made white Tissue Pom Poms to hang above the dessert table. I then made raindrops to hang from each pom using fishing line and raindrops that I cut out of paint swatch sampled I snagged from Walmart. 

I created little umbrellas that we then cut out and hot glued to the ends of pencils. These were used to fill out the hopes for August. 

I glued umbrellas to the back of each dessert tag using a toothpick. It made it easy to just place in each dessert.

The day of the Sprinkle

It was a really rainy few days leading up to the Sprinkle and I was nervous that our park party would get rained on. I woke up on the morning of the Sprinkle to big rain clouds and wind which seemed pretty appropriate considering the theme of the day. Luckily for us it didn't rain a single drop during the Sprinkle. 

My dad created this display to go above the dessert table so I could hang tissue paper "clouds" and raindrops. Unfortunately it was SUPER windy and fell over right as the first guests were arriving.






Mimi's home made fudge... yummy!





My sister made the most scrumptious homemade version of my favorite cookies from Chelsea's Kitchen

I cut rice crispy treats and dipped them to look like little umbrella's.


Tara brought her delicious cheesecake and it was gone before I even had a slice! It's quite the crowd pleaser.


My sister-in-law has an adorable cupcake business Howdylicious Cupcakes and she offered to bring some to the party. Those were the talk of the party! She also made the little cupcake covers, too cute! 




My sister's friend Elizabeth made these yummy gluten-free brownies to add to the mix.




What's cuter than a mason jar glass with a striped paper straw?


Jojo stopped by for a quick snuggle with her favorite little man

Chasing ducks

My niece Kyrstin, mother-in-law Becky, & sister-in-law Kim all drove far to come for the special day

Sweet baby Lucy. I joke that she's my future daughter-in-law

Tina & Maia came to celebrate. I used to nanny Maia before I was a momma & now consider them family.

My BFF Becky since high school game with her little baby boy on the way. August already has a BFF.

Kayla & I used to work together & I was so glad to see her.

Tara & William, William was born the day after Jude.

How beautiful are William's blue eyes?!



Amy, Auntie, Maura, & Mackenzie... hard to tell in this pic but Amy is expecting a little girl.




Nana & Arkham



Shower games. Hopes for August & baby animal match.




Katie & Rylond. My honorary sister & nephew


Love these two



Cute little outfits, August has so many hand me downs from big brother, but it's fun to have some of your own.



All my "mommy friends"



We've already arranged their marriage. Jude & Lucy can have a Beatles's themed wedding

My surprise gift from my BFF Libbie, the Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag I had been swooning over

Best buddies

Jude's first taste of a donut

I think he's a fan

Arkham found himself a lil girlfriend in Kaylee



Rain boots

With our best friends, we're sure going to miss them when they move back to Georgia


Cousins




How beautiful is my sister-in-law?

Best friends!



Beautiful Kaylee


My other sister Isabella



A few of the Minneci girlies

My best





The two beautiful hostesses!


No comments:

Post a Comment