Monday, September 12, 2011

Pickles and Ice Cream...?

The Gilbert's have some exciting news! 
We're expecting our first baby!!

Tuesday August 23rd I went to Urgent Care after work thinking I was getting a UTI because I was running to the rest room so often. I was also experiencing really bad heartburn & I was hoping the doctor could just write me a prescription. The doctor came in the room and informed me that my urine was normal and that he wanted to try a medication combination to help with my heartburn (I had not been taking my daily medicine for my Barrett's for about a month at this point because I needed a refill).
The doctor left and I thought that was that. The doctor quickly returned and closed the door really slowly and said "Well, we might need to rethink our plan, did you know you were pregnant?" I squealed and started crying! I was so thrilled! My mom was there with me and the two of us just started jumping up and down, screaming!

Side Note: (Jeff & I were not "planning" to start our family, but I had been asking him since the day we were married for a baby. Finally the Sunday before we found out about baby I asked for a baby again and to my surprise, Jeff didn't instantly say "No" but instead he said "Let's think about it for a few days and talk Tuesday night." His thought was that he didn't want to make trying for a baby a job, he just wanted it to happen naturally.)

That night when I got home Jeff asked about the doctor visit and I told him to sit down. When we were both sitting on the couch I told him "Remember that talk we were going to have tonight, well I'm already pregnant!!!" He grabbed me and started hugging me and saying how excited he was! It was the perfect reaction! We couldn't be happier!! :) This little miracle feels like the greatest little surprise gift from God and we couldn't be more excited!

At this point we are keeping the news just between family and our closest friends. We'll make the grand Facebook announcement once we've hit the second trimester in October! :)

We ask for tons of prayers for a healthy baby, an easy pregnancy, and the calm assurance that God is taking care of us and preparing us to be parents.

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I'm so excited for you two! What a blessing this baby will be to you & your marriage. Congratulations. Love you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ecstatic for you Brianna. Congratulations on the happy news you guys have been blessed with the most wonderful gift in the world! I am sending positive energy, prayer, and love to you, Jeff, and your little one. Thank you for sharing this wonderful news with me. =)

    ReplyDelete